AFBI Dairy Farm Walks 12- 14 September 2017
The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) will host a series of three farm walks from the 12th to 14th September in Banbridge, Enniskillen and Newtownstewart.
These ‘must attend’ events will demonstrate how adopting the latest research results can improve the profitability of your farm.
Everyone who wishes to attend must pre-register for a starting time slot, otherwise entry cannot be guaranteed. You can register online at www.afbini.co.uk or by phoning 02890 255 636. Tours will commence at 30 minute intervals between 10.30am and 12.00
- 12th September- Banbridge, Co Down
- (Ian McClelland, 64 Moss Road, Banbridge, BT32 3NZ)
- 13th September- Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh
- (Aidan McManus, Cloniff, Macken, Enniskillen, BT92 3BP)
- 14th September- Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone
- (David Hunter, 43 Droit Road, Newtownstewart, BT78 4DS)
- Topics to be addressed include dairy cow health, winter feeding-controlling costs, back to basics in calf rearing, making the most from grass, and maintaining productive soils and swards. By pre-registering you will automatically receive complimentary light refreshments at the end of the farm walk. In the interest of biosecurity, those attending are asked to wear clean clothing and footwear not normally used on farm.